Suspect in Afghan killings didn't expect 4th deployment, lawyer says
Kim MurphyReporting from Seattle The Army staff sergeant suspected of killing 16 civilians in southern Afghanistan had been redeployed to a war zone despite being promised that his third previous combat tour in Iraq would be his last, his attorney said Thursday evening. The 38-year-old soldier is in "shock" and faces the possibility that military lawyers will seek the death penalty, said lawyer John Henry Browne, who spoke with his client briefly by telephone where he was being held in Kuwait. Military lawyers have said they will not identify the suspect until they are ready to file criminal charges against him in military court. Read on...
Pour citer cette ressource :
"Suspect in Afghan killings didn't expect 4th deployment, lawyer says", La Clé des Langues [en ligne], Lyon, ENS de LYON/DGESCO (ISSN 2107-7029), mars 2012. Consulté le 09/12/2023. URL: https://cle.ens-lyon.fr/anglais/archives/archives-revue-de-presse/suspect-in-afghan-killings-didn-t-expect-4th-deployment-lawyer-says