Picture 1 - Parkhead or Celtic Park (Celtic F. C.'s stadium)
1) What type of building is it? Where is it located?
2) What does the word 'celtic' evoke?
3) Focus on the flags. How many can you see? Describe them and tell what institution or community they stand for.
Picture 2 - Ibrox Stadium (Rangers F. C.'s stadium)
4) What type of building is it? Where is it located?
5) Focus on the colours: apart from the red brick, what other colour can you see? What do you think it may represent next to the red bricks?
6) Focus on the flag. What flag is it? What does it represent? Associate it with a particular religion and draw your conclusion.
Pour citer cette ressource :
"Glasgow stadia", La Clé des Langues [en ligne], Lyon, ENS de LYON/DGESCO (ISSN 2107-7029), juillet 2011. Consulté le 29/09/2023. URL: https://cle.ens-lyon.fr/anglais/se-former/les-precis-et-le-workbook/workbook/sectarianism-in-glasgow/glasgow-stadia