- Grade/Statut : Professor of Sociology
- Établissement : Columbia University
- Volet : Anglais
Alondra Nelson is a sociologist and teaches at Columbia University. Her social and historical approach to medicine, science and technology has given rise, in particular, to a book on the health policies implemented by the Black Panthers in the 1960s and 1970s.
Body And Soul: The Black Panther Party and the Fight Against Medical Discrimination (University of Minnesota Press, 2011)
- After Obamacare: The New Stakes of US Healthcare Policy
- The black community in New York, past and present
- The Black Panther Party's fight against medical discrimination