3) In what way does it change the New York skyline?
1) What were the dimensions of the original WTC site?
2) In what part of New York City was it located?
3) Match the WTC data together:
Number of stories Surface of each floor Floor space in both buildings
1 square acre 10 million square feet 110
4) What was the intention behind the creation of the WTC?
1) Fill in the blanks:
Once the attacks came and the buildings __________, it emerged very quickly in the planning process that the actual __________ of the buildings, those places were the buildings stood, were considered ________ ground. The ___________ was made very early on that there would be no building in those ___________, that they would be preserved as part of whatever memorial would ultimately emerge.
2) How many names of victims are inscribed on the parapets of the memorial pools?
3) Did all those people die during the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center? Justify your answer.
1) How many architects took part in the international competition for the memorial?
2) What was the name of the winning project by Michael Arad?
3) Looking at the images of the memorial, explain why that name was chosen.