- A music video - A propaganda message - A film trailer
2) What period and context does the background music evoke?
3) What kind of film is introduced by the document?
1) Fill in the blanks: There is a ___________ to wipe out, to _________ every single _____ ________ and the black community as a ________.
2) What were the four reasons why Agela Davis was viewed as 'problem creating'?
3) What word is used by Angela Davis when describing the abuses undergone by the black community in the US? In your opinion, why did she choose this term?
1) What famous black power movement begins in the 1960's?
2) Who stood against Angela Davis?
3) What is said about the 'system' in the United States?
4) On which FBI list did Angela Davis appear?
5) Why did her arrest become a symbol of the oppression of black people?
1) What metaphore is used to stress the inequality of the struggle that opposed Angela Davis to American justice?
2) What were the consequences of her arrest?
3) What is black power equated with?
4) Fill in the blanks: "In that period the revolution was __________________________ and we had to do everything we could to _________ it ____."
Phonetics: the nuclear stress
1) Watch the video again and pay particular attention to the following phrases and sentences when they are spoken:
- There is a conspiracy - Brothers and sisters this is genocide - We have to talk about being radical - Regan believed that she was dangerous - Black power means dignity
In each sentence, underline one word which is particularly emphasised by the speaker.
2) Complete the following rule: In every sentence or intonative phrase, one word bears a particularly stong stress: it is called the nucleus. The nuclear stress usually falls on the _______ word of the sentence.
3) What kind of words are emphasised?
4) Read this page to learn more about the nuclear stress.
En partenariat avec le distributeur français du film